Herman Cain

Foggy

Herman Cain

Postby Foggy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:58 am

... gets his own thread [link]after taking first in another presidential poll,http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/10/13/141306111/gop-presidential-contender-herman-cain-takes-lead-in-second-poll[/link].The RWNJs on my other forum are swooning over him, and acting as if he's already wrapped up the nomination and will win against President Obama in a landslide. They have a thread, "The scariest black man in America". :roll: Over on Ed Hale's Ghost Town Forum, redd seems to think Cain is sucking them in:

Rumors floating that rikker is now supporting a real, authentic black man for president!

Rikker and I had a good laugh about this yesterday.rikker: What the hell is a "real, authentic black man"? :-? rooster: I thought you were supposed to know that, dude. :P rikker: Well, I'm one. I think I'm the only one! :-bd rooster: That's what I've been tellin' people all along!Cain knows all about creating jobs, unlike President Obama, on account of how the first thing he did when he took over Godfathers Pizza was he reduced the company from 911 stores to 420. He knows how important it is to have no taxes, so he's going to impose a new national 9% sales tax. He's the frontrunner now in the GOP. I think doG and the FSM have even endorsed him.
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Herman Cain

Postby Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 am

I don't get how right wingers are falling behind Cain considering their hate for the Federal Reserve. I think people need to remind them repeatedly that he was a chairman for the Federal Reserve in Kansas City

John Thomas8

Herman Cain

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 am

I don't get how right wingers are falling behind Cain considering their hate for the Federal Reserve

Some of us are wondering how they continue to breathe given the lack of observable brain function noted.Herping derpistanis will babble in public like crack monkeys and take offense when you point out the hypocrisy. It's what distinguishes them from the regular stupid people.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Herman Cain

Postby Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 am

I don't get how right wingers are falling behind Cain considering their hate for the Federal Reserve

Some of us are wondering how they continue to breathe given the lack of observable brain function noted.Herping derpistanis will babble in public like crack monkeys and take offense when you point out the hypocrisy. It's what distinguishes them from the regular stupid people.

You know its funny how often our current political reality consistently plays out like an episode of the West Wing. Cain and Perry both remind me of Governor Ritchie. Jed had a great line about how he takes disengagement to a totally new level. Perry completely imploded and now Cain has taken his spot as a guy who seems to have no idea what he's talking about. The difference is that Cain can look good not knowing what he's talking about.I think its totally cynical of the GOP. Between the pick of Palin as VP last time and then Michael Steele right after Obama's election as the RNC head.

SueDB

Herman Cain

Postby SueDB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 am

Since the pugs may nominate their very own black guy, it might be a good idea to put Hilary on the ticket as VP for the Dems. Biden can retire or whatever (really, who cares?)...That way we could have a black dude and a very well known woman on the ticket. The pugs would have to scrounge America to find a Pug black or Asian woman. That could take decades. :-k
"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

TollandRCR

Herman Cain

Postby TollandRCR » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:57 am

...The pugs would have to scrounge America to find a Pug black or Asian woman. That could take decades. :-k

Theresa Cao? :twisted:

Foggy

Herman Cain

Postby Foggy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:04 am

:D No, not Holy Cao. She's a convict until December, if memory serves.Cain has a decent résumé with solid business success, seems to have a lot of charisma, and is a pastor of some sort in the Baptist church. I think he will have a lot of appeal. He's definitely not a "Washington insider" type. He's a hell of an interesting candidate, but now that he's the front-runner the microscope will focus on him. To me, it's just funny to be told by the RWNJs I know that a) he's scaring the crap out of me (even though I keep saying, "Can we at least wait until he wins a primary or caucus?") and b) he's already won, basically.It takes some chutzpah to write a book called "My Road to the White House" when you haven't even won a primary.
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

Suranis

Herman Cain

Postby Suranis » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:10 am

If only there was an internationally well known republican woman who speaks all over the world they could call on to be Mc Cain's VP choice...

[sekrit]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/sppcoverlowerqual.jpg[/sekrit]

kate520

Herman Cain

Postby kate520 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:43 am

...and quite possibly the hottest, too. :oops:

SueDB

Herman Cain

Postby SueDB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Biden...who cares?

WTF? Joe Biden has held more responsibility and done more Presidential-level work than any other Vice President. Pres Obama delegates a ton of things to Joe to cover for him. Joe is seen involved in almost every high level discussion about foreign as well as domestic issues. If you check the White House pics of the month posted by Pete Sousa, there's always pics of Barack and Joe talking, interacting, sometimes tossing a football, putting balls. The President trusts Joe Biden, I think he likes Joe Biden. I think the Pres recognizes he has at least two Presidential-level performers in his cabinet - Hillary and Joe - and he takes full advantage of it. Joe Biden is chatty, but he is a smart, dedicated public servant. 8> He and his wife have done yeoman's work as the Vice Pres and Second Lady, and seem to love every minute of it. It's so much better than when prior Vice Presidents were left out in the cold, like Lyndon Johnson, resented by their President that they had to put them on the ticket to win then kept out of the way. Or the ones who were relegated to stupid state visits in place of the President, Spiro Agnew comes to mind. Biden has been Pres Obama's partner. If they choose Hillary as running mate in 2012, it might be because Joe is older and wants to retire. Frankly, I doubt if Hillary would want to do it, but she will if she's asked. Then if she's smart, she tells Barack that she wants the next opening at SCOTUS. [/bidenloverant]

rikker

I can testify rikker is the most authentic-est black man in America.

It just goes to show the sentiment about Mr. Biden in the hinterlands. All we hear about in the boonies are the gaffs. It is nothing like when the pug VPs opened their mouths (Quayle etc), but he just isn't advertising well.
"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

kate520

Herman Cain

Postby kate520 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks to Newt, Luntz, Limpballs and Beck, the hinterlands hates everyone who isn't one of them, and of course no Democrat can be a decent human being, a competent manager or do worthy things with their time in public service.

neonzx

Herman Cain

Postby neonzx » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:14 pm

The pugs would have to scrounge America to find a Pug black or Asian woman. That could take decades. :-k

[sekrit]http://commonamericanjournal.com/wp-contentsrc="http://thefogbow.com/forum/uploads/2010/03/Star-Parker.jpg[/sekrit]

Sterngard Friegen

Herman Cain

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:55 pm

It just goes to show the sentiment about Mr. Biden in the hinterlands.

I dunno, River City is flyover country, but I have the advantage of having been hypmotized at close range by the [highlight=#ff40ff]dazzlingness of Biden's smile[/highlight]. Once he's got you like that at close range, you're :xo and 8> for life!

...and quite possibly the hottest, too. :oops:

X2

There's even a [/break1]com/]website devoted to VPOTUS's choppers.(PS: They're fake. POTUS's teeth are real.)

Joseph Robidoux III

Herman Cain

Postby Joseph Robidoux III » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Herman Cain's 999 tax plan is the subject of a poll in my local paper.[attachment=0]SJ News Press Poll.JPG[/attachment][/break1]newspressnow.com/index.html]http://www.newspressnow.com/index.htmlA whopping 36% believe it is a "simpler and fairer way to tax us all". I voted for the $9.99 pepperoni pizza price.

John Thomas8

Herman Cain

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Mr. Klein, in simple terms, lays out the obscenity of 999:

[/break1]washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/the-9-9-9-plan-for-an-average-household-and-for-a-wealthy-one/2011/08/25/gIQAGKYzhL_blog.html]9-9-9 in action.

And the derpistanis over at Foggy's old stomping grounds have defecated themselves because the truth is ugly.

mimi

Herman Cain

Postby mimi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Mr. Klein, in simple terms, lays out the obscenity of 999:

[/break1]washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/the-9-9-9-plan-for-an-average-household-and-for-a-wealthy-one/2011/08/25/gIQAGKYzhL_blog.html]9-9-9 in action.

And the derpistanis over at Foggy's old stomping grounds have defecated themselves because the truth is ugly.

Kevin Drum piles on:

Kevin Drum

Herman Cain's Plan to Double Your Taxes

—By Kevin Drum

| Thu Oct. 13, 2011 10:51 AM PDT

[/break1]com/kevin-drum/2011/10/herman-cains-plan-double-your-taxes]http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2011/ ... your-taxes

I'm kinda glad this is being talked about. I hope the FAIR Tax proponents take note.

Whatever4

Herman Cain

Postby Whatever4 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Wait... this plan came from SimCity?? :o [/break1]huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/herman-cain-999-sim-city_n_1008952.html?ref=mostpopular]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/1 ... ostpopular

WASHINGTON -- In Herman Cain's America, the tax code would be very, very simple: The corporate income tax rate would be 9 percent, the personal income tax rate would be 9 percent and the national sales tax rate would be 9 percent.But there's already a 999 plan out there, in a land called SimCity.Long before Cain was running for president and getting attention for his 999 plan, the residents of SimCity 4 -- which was released in 2003 -- were living under a system where the default tax rate was 9 percent for commercial taxes, 9 percent for industrial taxes and 9 percent for residential taxes. (That is, of course, if you didn't use the cheat codes to get unlimited money and avoid taxes altogether.)

kate520

Herman Cain

Postby kate520 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:04 pm

I like this article about Cain from [link]Steven Pearlstein,http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/hermanomics-let-them-eat-pizza/2011/10/11/gIQAgTOmmL_story.html[/link] at the WaPo. The OWS protests have brought one positive result already, IMO. Writers have been more willing to argue that the 1% really don't deserve MOTU standing.

Cain’s argument against health insurance mandates is the same misleading argument he made against increases in the minimum wage when he assumed the position as the restaurant industry’s top lobbyist in the mid-1990s. That effort brought Cain into almost weekly contact with a rising star in the Republican House leadership, John Boehner of Ohio. When public pressure finally forced Republicans to agree to raise the minimum wage in the spring of 1996, Cain got the House to link the increase to a clever new tax loophole giving restaurant owners a tax credit for the tips received by their delivery drivers.

It requires a peculiarly Republican sense of justice to frame the pizza credit as a “fairness” issue, as Cain apparently did. You might also keep the pizza credit in mind the next time you hear the Hermanator ranting about the loophole-ridden tax code as the justification for his 9-9-9 plan.

When he wasn’t fighting to deny pay raises and health insurance to the working poor, Cain was also busy serving on corporate boards, including Aquilar. Aquilar was once a sleepy electric-power company that, while Cain was on the board, followed Enron into the wholesale energy-trading business. Like Enron, it got nailed for trying to manipulate trading in natural gas and paid a fine of $26.5 million. Curiously, Cain never mentions his experience at Aquilar when demanding repeal of those onerous post-Enron regulations that require directors to adopt better systems for internal control.

I’m certainly open to the idea that a successful business executive might make a good president. But at a time when so many Americans are unemployed and so much of the nation’s income growth is going to so few

people at the top, we ought to be able to find an executive who has a better sense of economic justice than

the Hermanator.

I particularly like the last line in his piece:

...wouldn’t it be refreshing if we had more candidates whose vision for reviving the American economy revolved around positive ideas for ensuring that the benefits of economic growth will be widely shared? We could even call it the 1-1-1 plan: one for you and one for me and one for that struggling soul behind the tree

Herman Cain is no Man of the People. He's a 1%er and will screw us 7 ways from Sunday if he gets anywhere near the reins.

Adrianinflorida

Herman Cain

Postby Adrianinflorida » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Herman Cain is Dick Armey in blackface. A pointer to the Pug lurkers, just picking an African-American candidate ain't gonna cut it, not when the billionaires bankrolling you are trying to screw everyone, regardless of race.

Adrianinflorida

Herman Cain

Postby Adrianinflorida » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I'll admit, I haven't looked into the bios of any of the pug candidates, and just learned today he was a lobbyist. Can someone tell me why the media gives him cover on the lobbyist part of his resume? They introduce him and stories about him as just "former Godfather's pizza owner". I thought he ran a pizza bidness and wondered how he got to be such an asshole, now I find out he's been up on K Street gettin the goodeez for the 1% for years and it's all clear. I was over at C4P collecting Palinbot tears this morning and even they didn't know he was connected to the Kochs, and they're as WTF as I am. Talk about not vetting your new shiny object candidate.

Kimba, they can't even agree on where Cain was born. Half of them say he was born in Georgia, the other, say he was born in Tennessee. I guess it depends on which state he's pandering for votes at any given moment.

chinacreekpj

Herman Cain

Postby chinacreekpj » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:06 pm

I'll admit, I haven't looked into the bios of any of the pug candidates, and just learned today he was a lobbyist. Can someone tell me why the media gives him cover on the lobbyist part of his resume? They introduce him and stories about him as just "former Godfather's pizza owner". I thought he ran a pizza bidness and wondered how he got to be such an asshole, now I find out he's been up on K Street gettin the goodeez for the 1% for years and it's all clear. I was over at C4P collecting Palinbot tears this morning and even they didn't know he was connected to the Kochs, and they're as WTF as I am. Talk about not vetting your new shiny object candidate.

Kimba, they can't even agree on where Cain was born. Half of them say he was born in Georgia, the other, say he was born in Tennessee. I guess it depends on which state he's pandering for votes at any given moment.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BtqUSG7RCA0/TDx5ABDbtjI/AAAAAAAAAqk/P6bRnB864W0/s1600/birther.jpg

Plutodog

Herman Cain

Postby Plutodog » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:39 pm

The pic of Jeebus needs to be skewed before Photoshopping it onto the picket sign. Then it's purr-fect! :lol:
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

Return to “Presidential Election”